Friday, November 20, 2009

New Adventures

So, to all of you who have been reading all my blogs about how great my life is and how beautiful and fun it is to live in paradise, you will be glad to hear that this blog has a new aim. After my 4 months of living in beautiful Hawaii, I have been looking into some options of what is next. I definitely don't have all the answers of what is to come, but I do know one thing that I will be doing in January.
I met a man named Larry when I was working with the Denver chapter of Engineers Without Borders, and Larry told me about a group that he works with called Bridges to Prosperity. As a transportation engineer, this sounded like it was right up my alley. I got a chance to meet with another member of Bridges to Prosperity- Avery Bang- and found that we had more in common than just knowing Larry. She played college soccer at Iowa, a school I was looking at for college, and she majored in Civil Engineering, and now she is doing crazy cool things with her life through B2P. These 2 people and their stories of their work were enough to inspire me to want to get involved, so this January I will be taking a trip to Guatemala to help build a bridge in a rural community.
Check out more information on the project and the organization.
So, I am super excited to start working this January, but I wanted to get a head start on some fundraising. I know the holidays are coming up and times are tough, but if anyone is looking for a good cause to donate to, I know that your dollars would be well spent with Bridges to Prosperity. I have set up a link for my fundraising if you are interested. Anything helps, and your money goes directly to training and construction of these bridges.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are awesome- keep it up! I have the best family and friends evaaaa!

    ReplyDelete