Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Day 16 - 18


We had a long rainy drive from Olympic where we were going to stay on the beautiful Washington coast and watch the sunset. Instead we drove through pouring rain found a campsite that was very full and kept driving. This allowed us to make it to Mount St. Helens the next day which was a bonus ad on our itinerary and the beginning of our volcano tour. This was crazy that it erupted in Narendra’s life time, I am too young but he’s not. I am learning the power of mother nature. We think we’ve got this figured out but we are all small pieces and very large puzzle.



We then met up with Cassi and Chuck on Friday night in Eugene where we got to meet their kids and have a few Oregon brews.  Cassi is incredibly inspiring and I strive to be the kind of parent that she is naturally. They showed me an awesome ride to King estate winery which was again incredibly beautiful and deliciously tasty. I like having those kind of rewards at the end of a long ride. We then drove down the street to alesong brewery where we had an awesome view of the Rollinghills and the vineyards and some unique and delicious beers. It was hard to top this kind of day even with out a national park entry.

Sidenote we do chores and we were very productive this day. We clean we hung hooks, we used our screwdriver, and we re-organize the camper – a favorite past time. Honestly this felt amazing. Not that I missed chores at home but it felt a little bit like real life which made me reminded that I’m still human and have to do chores.
 




Sunday was Narendra‘s day to ride with Chuck so Cassi and I went on an awesome Riverwalk to playground where we discussed kid things and how our lives have changed with kids. Cassi is fighting the good fight in so many ways and she is such a strong and talented and smart woman that I know who to call if I have parenting question. The other highlight of my day was vacuuming the car. Anyone who knows Narendra‘s car knows how good this felt.



We had our first big crash with Kolton today. He has fallen off the couch, most of the time onto pillows. But this time he fell out of the trailer face first screen door open nose hit the step and thankfully I was right there to catch his head before it hit the step and then the ground. But this one drew blood. His nose had a little scrape which looks like Rudolph and made my mom heart completely sink. I don’t think you like seeing anyone get hurt, but to see a baby with blood is heart wrenching. He’s got a cute little Rudolph scab now, and I am sure there are far worse things that have healed just fine, so I will go back to letting him live but locking the door from now on.







No comments:

Post a Comment