Monday, July 5, 2010

On the road again... Zambia

Thus far my year of "exploring" has been invaluable. From coaching college soccer with my best friend in Hawaii to learning masonry in Guatemala to studying Spanish in Peru to seeing some of the best soccer players and coolest wild animals in South Africa, my life has been enriched. I have learned a lot about myself and about other cultures, and I have met some amazing people along the way. As with any road, there are challenges, but I have had great support from my family and friends to make this unique ride enjoyable. Now, moving forward I am going to be spending the next 2 months in Zambia, Africa (google it:) working with a non-profit called Bridges to Prosperity. I will be working on a program which builds footbridges in rural African communities to help connect villages with markets, education, and health care while at the same time transferring education and technology to the local communities. I am excited to work with a group that has great people and new ideas in rural development work. There will be more on this, so be sure to check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment